1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Litter, hey its not that hard to pick up after yourself and put things in a trash container.

swingline and Batman like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't mind any kind of door solicitors. My wife won't suffer them in the least.
    Some of these people have kids they're trying to support and all people have had crappy jobs before.
    What I object to is a persistence in the face of a politely smiled "No, thank you."
    I'm not going to vote for your guy and I'm not going to convert to your religion.
    Try the neighbor and have a nice day.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, irk: I was in Wegman’s yesterday, 12 AUGUST.

I saw bags and bags of Halloween candy on display.

I started muttering. I even pointed it out to a few passing customers. “Look at this! It’s not even September yet! Hell, it’s not even August 15th yet!”

FUCK!

What’s next?

To hell with it. Let’s make every day Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Be sure to go fucking shopping.

4. The Halloween stores in our area have already opened.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People who complain about stores selling holiday stuff too early.

justgladtobehere and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Costco has moved out all of the summer stuff, replacing it with racks of Halloween costumes. And there was a whole row of Halloween candy. I wonder when they make that candy ... if it was even this year.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

On the plus side - Octoberfest beers and the pumpkin spice stuff is also available.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wish I had the superhero capability to comment on locked threads.

I could have a lot of fun with that.

Imagine having something quite a few here would love: the LAST word.

Irk.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fucking delayed school openings. Either open or close. Instead we get the coitus interruptus of all days, one that fucks everyone’s schedule and leaves no one satisfied. Except the kids who get to sleep later.

This is bullshit. It barely snowed here in CT and stopped at like 4 pm, turning to sleet and now to rain. The temps are rising. This won’t be black ice or an ice storm. I already had to take a day today to be with me daughter. Grant you, that was fun bc we went sledding for the first time all year, but still.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I feel you. My kids' school district seems to have 1-2 delays per year when all the surrounding districts don't. As if a couple of top-level administrators were out on benders the night before and decided that they can't possibly get up for work on time, so the whole thing is masked as a "two-hour fog delay."

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My god we share a brain on this. I literally posted to FB last night that there was a two-hour delay bc the superintendent must have enjoyed the snow day a little too much and needed to sleep in.

playthrough likes this.
  12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of schools, I dropped my kid off this morning and headed to work down a busy four-lane road, and watched a minivan rear-end a school bus. Hard. The bus stopped abruptly at a yellow light, and the minivan was following a bit too closely. I surmise that the driver either couldn't see the changing light or thought the bus might keep going and she could follow, but regardless it did not end well. I was the next car up so I stopped in the middle of the road, put my flashers on and went to check on the drivers. Bus driver was fine, no kids on bus. Minivan driver was rattled but not even scratched, thanks to all the airbags.

I stayed there for 5-6 minutes until police came, and dozens more cars went through the intersection including some that had to stop at the light right next to the accident. A grand total of ONE person put down their window and asked if everyone was OK, and if any kids were involved. I know everyone's going to work and all, but you'd think a school bus and a crunched minivan would get more attention from motorists. Nope.

Dog8Cats likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted