1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Um, it's Phil.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And does and says really stupid things for a guy who clearly thinks he's the smartest guy in every room (which we know he's not):
    1. Complaining about his high taxes (working stiffs enjoy hearing rich people bitch that they have to scrape by).
    2. Doing one of the dumbest things possible on the golf course (slapping the ball in motion at the US Open), then saying all the worst things afterwards.
    3. The latest, complaining about not getting to hit one tee shot when it was clear he and Paul Casey were coming back the next day.
    He's become much like Trump ... fervently believing he's intelligent when it actually couldn't be any further from the truth. His act is making my ass tired.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

I'd be willing to bet this has more to do with "Steiny" than Kuchar.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I were a high-level financial scammer/Phil would be one of my prime targets. Knows just enough to think he couldn't possibly be fooled. It's why doctors and dentists are such prime marks.

poindexter likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

F that. Kuchar comes off looking petty and cheap. And its his own fault.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Not disagreeing, just that everything Steinberg seems to touch turns into....well, shit like this.

poindexter likes this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No question. I get that the caddie/player relationship is fleeting and certainly more so when it's a temp gig, but this was the first win in four years for Kuchar. And then he wins again two months later. It's never too late to grease a guy again, but instead Kooch washes his hands of the whole thing and leaves his moose to settle up, or not settle as it was. All it would take is a phone call and a nice check, and Kuchar is Mr. All-American again.

Though it should be noted that $15,000 isn't a horrendous offer and the caddie probably should have just taken it, not realizing that the other side wasn't going to budge.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

It's about 1.5 percent of the total prize.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Take the 15 extra thousand and be done with it.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I can't look at Kuchar the same now. $5,000 was awfully cheap (it was a $2000 bonus, BFD). $15k now, after all of the criticism looks weak as well. I give the caddie huge credit for not going to the media for a long time. He gave Kuchar the chance to make this right without any media and instead Kuchar sought refuge under the cover the caddie gave him.

Look, $150k, the 10% is probably too high to be expected for a one off, but $5k? Come on, do something nice, not hoard for yourself. Especially after you've won for the first time in 4 years.

Just another instance of where you're told so and so is a "great guy" and you realize it just another fake story. Its small potatoes, but I'm in LV this weekend and do you stiff the cocktail waitress for the coke and water (for my wife)? Or do you give her a couple of chips for the effort? If it was Kuchar, I'm supposed to throw her a nickel. Horrible.

poindexter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted