1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Every team has every incentive to talk up Murray. It isn't like he's a mystery after winning the Heisman, and I imagine more than a few teams are hoping some team will want to move up in the draft to take him (and not the player those other teams really want).

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I can see Oakland drafting Murray at No. 4 and him flaming out because he's was taken too high and rushed onto the field for a bad team.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Good to see the Browns finally got a kicker.

Fred siegle and Sea Bass like this.
  4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

That's Hall of Fame stuff right there. Maybe Jim Brown can mentor him and teach him the finer points of going from an abuser of women to the team's official mascot.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jamarcus Russell just kicked Kareem Hunt's girlfriend in the head and has no idea why.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

The last few years, I’ve wondered if there’s a mental health or CTE issue with him. He just can’t chill.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can't agree with you here. His issue was legitimate.

What I was - and might still be - curious about is if Cam Newton's shoulder does not recover in time for the season? Do they consider Colin Kaepernick for at least this season, and perhaps a backup role if/when Newton returns at full strength? If Dave Tepper was willing to go against the grain and sign Reid, surely this has to be on the table at some level, though we're being given the line of "he'll be ready for the season" (um, we'll see). And, keep in mind, Tepper was the one who broached the issue of what to do if Newton's shoulder issues were at an Andrew Luck level.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's almost as if you expected him to wait for an actual trade or perhaps comprehend the fact that the team doesn't have to grant his request. Honestly, I think that is going to end up being the Steelers' best option. Brown's antics can't be doing anything but hurt his trade value and unloading him for pennies on the dollar and taking a big cap hit makes no sense.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And then Ray Rice knocked her the fuck out!

Draft saved Draft deleted