1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking honestly about the dangers of concussions is shitting on the product?

You seem to think the NFL dictating NBC's content and personnel is a good thing.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, I don't want this guy as the front and center face of my Super Bowl broadcast:

"I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son, I would not let him play football.”

3. poindexter

Frank Perdue doesn't hire a PETA guy for their chicken commercials

4. outofplace

You clearly explained why the NFL would not want him there. You did not explain why NBC allowing the NFL to dictate who appears on the broadcast is a good thing.

That is just part of why your Perdue analogy doesn't work. If it was the NFL directly deciding not to use Costas, then it would be an appropriate comparison.

Costas has been saying this stuff for years. Also, he's not some random guy.

5. poindexter

NBC taking the risk of losing the #1 television show every year for the past decade (not just win, but by a mile) wasn't a hill they were going to die on for Bob Fucking Costas. Explain that one to your shareholders.

"I miss Bob Costas on the NFL" is something not even his family says.

6. poindexter

[​IMG]
    "I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son, I would not let him play football.”

That is a great look for NBC for the premier show on broadcast television.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a great hill for Costas to die on, though.

8. outofplace

Without question. Thank you from the break from poin making the same flawed point over and over.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What irritates me about Costas is that he never gets excited......well, almost.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Most of the mocks I've seen rate Murray as a second-round talent, who will go in the first round because teams need QBs. He's going to get at least one GM fired - the one who picks him or the ones who passed on him.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted