1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination or does Markelle Fultz look a little doughy?
    [​IMG]

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK, I'm just going to admit this and I mean no offense and I'm truly not being a smartass...but I first thought that was Jemele Hill.

JC and poindexter like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Even worse was Rajon Rondo making the game-winner.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I was good with that.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good to see Caris LeVert back. When he got hurt, I definitely had the over on his return date.

John B. Foster likes this.
  7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Seems to be a fan favorite in Brooklyn.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I'm sure Magic just wants to help a young guy for the health of the league right?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Simmons reached out to Magic. Magic said if everyone signs off on it, sure. Not sure how he's a bad guy here.

10. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

He is a bad guy because someone with any integrity would have politely declined saying that it would be inappropriate. Period. Some bullshit about if everyone else says its OK is more passive/aggressive slimy behavior which now makes the Sixers the bad guy. Magic is a scumbag. If Silver had any balls he would come down hard on Magic, but since he doesn't he won't.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Aren't the league's tampering rules such that if you even mention wanting to play for another team or wanting a player from another team you get fined? Anthony Davis got fined $100,000 because his agent said he wanted a trade.
    So how are Magic and Lonzo Ball (via LaVar Ball's comments about the Suns) not paying out the ass right now?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oh, for fuck's sake. Magic is the greatest point guard of all time, and given their height is probably the most analogous player for Simmons to emulate. Simmons approached Magic to work with him in the off-season. Magic says "If the Sixers, Lakers and the league all sign off on it, sure." Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me, and I doubt it will happen.

service_gamer, John B. Foster and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted