1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Albert Finney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by garrow, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The one that always gets me is Big Fish. One of my favorites and even more so because of him. The movie, which seems quite appropriate right now, was my first thought when hearing this news.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That voice.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I love the scene where the girls tell him Annie’s “parents” are bad people and he yells out that line.

Also the only movie I ever saw with grandmother who couldn’t get around too well, so it has a special place in my heart.

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

He was brilliant in A Man Of No Importance, a mid-90s film about a deeply closeted gay man in early-1960s Dublin. Hard movie to watch, incredibly powerful performance.

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

My daughter played Annie last week in her school musical. She was fantastic and I’m a very proud dad. And if I never hear a somg from Annie again, it’ll be too soon.

swingline, garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Always confused him with Brian Cox.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You ever see Cox as Hannibal Lector in Manhunter with William Petersen? More terrifying than Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.

Draft saved Draft deleted