1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adnan Virk fired by ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Feb 3, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya mean your bookshelf is not richly appointed with leather-bound volumes of Grantland?

Alma likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Road beef!

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is clearly a case of inside baseball.

4. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Awful Announcing? That’s the bullet he was willing to bite? A frign second-tier sports blog? Weird hill to die on. Yikes

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Fair enough! Haha! Kidding.

I don't have anything against Adam personally. I read your post and wanted to say that I like Adam's work and I'm disappointed he got himself into this situation. I love baseball so I'm very tuned in to Baseball Tonight throughout the season. But, I also think Adam was dumb not to think what he was doing couldn't come back and bite him in the ass. I mean, seriously, it was far from a smart move to feed rumors to another media when your're making $1 million a year.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet because he's good at what he does, and he'll be much smarter and the wiser when he does.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

This. Wins the day.

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Adam?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Don't know him from Adnan.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Adnan, where are you?" -- God

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I guess it can be oddly satisfying to serve as someone's confidential source, whether it's a major outlet or not. But pulling down $1 mil a year should be satisfying too, not that I'd know.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Didn't read the story. How'd they catch him? Pull an NBA/Dumars misinformation move?

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I read somewhere he was on a conference call in which Baseball Tonight was being discussed and Adnan asked a bunch of questions, the answers to which ended up being what was leaked. I initially thought it was disinformation because ESPN was tired of leaks and wanted to make an example of somebody.

Draft saved Draft deleted