1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On Saturday morning, it was zero outside when I woke up. Right now it is 60. Then Wednesday night we're having a nice ice storm.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Lows in the low 60's. Highs in the low 70's. That's the ten day forecast. Couple days, it might rain.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It was minus-30 wind chill here last Wednesday and Thursday. It was in the 60s today.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Upper 70s today. Sleet predicted for Thursday night.

You need your entire closet this week - from shorts to parkas.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Freezing drizzle and Freezing fog here today.
    People here can't drive when it's sunny and 80....now you take cold and put a frozen layer of shit on the road, and it turns into chaos.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's been rainy but with bouts of sun. Temps were in the 50s/60s with some getting into the 70s at some points last week. Yesterday the Bay Area got hit with a cold snap and now there is snow in the low-lying hills. I think there was even snow on I-80 between Richmond and Davis. Rest of the week is going to be upper 50s to low 60s with some rain. I love Nor Cal.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Awoke to the first snowfall of the winter. About 1-2 inches in Microville. Streets, sidewalks are clear, no ice. Panic and paralysis don't set in until we have 3-4 inches.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Five accidents this morning on the same stretch of K-254 near Wichita in the span of 2 hours.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They had 83 closed both directions here for a while earlier.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Highway 17 between the Bay Area and Santa Cruz was closed for a while Tuesday due to snow over the Summit. As I said on the golf thread, expect Crosby weather for the AT&T at Pebble Beach all weekend.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I heard the winds tore the place apart earlier this week

Draft saved Draft deleted