1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019 Nascar thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 11, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's the billion-dollar question. When the current contract was signed, content was king and Nascar had hours and hours to offer every weekend to fill NBCSN and Fox Sports 1 and such. But with the Cup races down, I can't imagine how low the ratings are for the rest.

maumann likes this.
  2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think the general perception of Piedmont was that riding in a NASCAR was safer than riding in one of their planes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. playthrough

Piedmont used to advertise that they gave the full can of soda to passengers. My grandmother loved that.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All things NASCAR related are going the same way. I was listening to John Boy & Billy this morning, and they had a lady on promoting half off specials for the NASCAR Racing Experience. There was a time when there was a huge wait list. Now, they can't get people to come out.

Only Brian France could get the munchies and cook the golden goose the way he has.

maumann likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wins will no longer be “encumbered.”

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. playthrough

OK, now let's see if Nascar really has the stones to do it.

Saw where Nascar canceled its media tour this year. Pretty bad when you can't run the rubber chicken circuit.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Holy mackerel. When the entire full-time media corps can probably comfortably fit in one sedan, that's extremely telling. First time since 1982, according to Gluck. Wonder what happened to NASCAR's Citizen Journalist initiative? Thankfully, I still have my Preseason Thunder® tote bag, jacket and sanctioned ear plugs.

11. playthrough

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon. You know better. The moment a sponsor so much as implies that it will say something, NASCAR will kowtow. Otherwise, it wouldn't be NASCAR.

Draft saved Draft deleted