1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's weird to me that Pizzolatto is the only person who appears on the "after the episode" bit for this season. Most times, they'll toss one of the actors/actresses in as well, but it's all him. Agreed that this is a better season. It's taken me a minute to adjust to the beats of the time skips, but it's enjoyable.

Four episodes of left of Mrs. Maisel. So damn good.

Watched the first episode of Trigger Warning from Killer Mike on Netflix last night. Somehow serious and funny at the same time.

And the Broad City opener last week on Comedy Central was terrific. Good TV right now.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Watched the first episode and almost finishes the second episode of Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes. Pretty damn good and chilling.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Biggest mystery of the year. Considering the hype of the The Masked Singer and considering it was taped in front of an audience six months ago - why aren't there more leaks from people? Do they remove the audience for the reveal? I don't watch the show.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Does anyone care enough to know?

TigerVols, 2muchcoffeeman and Webster like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't care enough to watch the thing - but enough people do that it got a second season.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It seems to be really popular with my Facebook friends that are also into Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, etc.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I've watched the first two episodes of Narcos: Mexico, but so far it doesn't hold up to the first two seasons. Pedro Pascal's world-weary character was much more compelling than Michael Pena's family man has been so far, even though we know how this one ends. I'll keep watching, but I'm not binging on it like I did the first two seasons.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Second season was great.

Horchata is a superior beverage.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Questionable casting?

Dorff is fucking killing it.

Two fingers of Southern Comfort, mother fucker.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's not the one I was calling questionable. Just McNairy. Maybe I just have too much of an image of him from Halt and Catch Fire to believe him as a redneck, that's all.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I am sucked into the Masked Singer. I know it's total crap. It's ridiculous how the 'panel' guesses the A-list stars. No one with an actual paycheck coming in is on this show. (Thus far, unmasked have included the Steelers' Antonio Brown, Terry Bradshaw, Tori Spelling and Tommy Chong. Guesses for those left include Rumer Willis, Gladys Knight, Joey Fatone, T-Pain and Donny Osmond.)

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Ringer gets a lot of mileage about how awful the panel guesses are, especially Jenny McCarthy IIRC - like she's guessed Taylor Swift.

Draft saved Draft deleted