1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope so, but I do wonder if Disney+ may go more of the family-friendly route. The Marvel Netflix shows are anything but family-friendly.

Supposedly, Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal want to continue in the roles. I don't think they can do better than Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, either, but Mike Colter and Finn Jones are certainly replaceable. Not that I disliked Colter as Luke Cage, but he's not on the level of Cox, Bernthal and Ritter.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Disney+ is going to have FX and FXX content on it unless Disney somehow gets 100 percent of Hulu and keep the adult content there, which isn't likely. There will be plenty of not-family-friendly stuff on Plus, so I don't see why they'd feel like all their Marvel stuff had to be PG-13 or cleaner. People keep throwing that out there like they didn't just buy the rights to Fargo, Atlanta and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the list?

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Meh. I liked Ant Man more than he did and I would have ranked Dr. Strange and Infinity War much higher. Oh and the first Guardians is better than the second and the second is not in the top 5 of the Marvel movies.

My top 5
    5 Civil War
    4 Iron Man
    3 Ragnarok
    2 Black Panther
    1 Infinity War

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

1. CA: Winter Soldier
    2. Black Panther
    3. Infinity War
    4. Avengers
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Infinity War
    3. Black Panther
    4. Ragnarok
    5. Civil War

7. outofplace

This is my list in terms of enjoyment of the movies, not necessarily the quality of the movies.

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Infinity War
    3. Avengers
    4. Civil War
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy

I think Black Panther is a better movie in many ways, but in terms of fun to watch, I'd put it at No. 8 behind those five, Iron Man and Ragnarok.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’d put Avengers 1st, Cap’n America at 6, Iron Man 7, Ragnarok 8, Black Panther 9.
    The difference between 6 and 9 is razor thin.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Really the difference is backward and forward, on top and underneath ...

Batman likes this.
  10. outofplace

Netflix officially cancels 'Jessica Jones' and 'The Punisher'

This was certainly expected, but it still sucks. Netflix has now cancelled all of its MCU series, though Jessica Jones Season 3 will still air later this year. Honestly, as much as I liked the first season of Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Punisher are the only MCU Netflix series I will miss. Both of those ended their last seasons with episodes that worked as series finales, but I still hold out a slim and probably foolish hope that the characters will make it into the movies or series on Disney's new streaming service with the current actors.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

1 Infinity War
    2 Civil War
    3 Iron Man
    4 Avengers
    5 Black Panther

12. outofplace

The second trailer is an improvement on the first. I have my doubts, but this gives me a little bit of hope for X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Draft saved Draft deleted