1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things that bugs me about the "streaming world" is I'm never sure when a show has been cancelled or is just on a long break. I'm guessing Hinterland is done, as is Spotless (which was supposed to have a season 2, but the Esquire Network went bye-bye and the Euro co-producer bailed after that).

2. DanOregon

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Been going a little nuts with Amazon Prime shows lately (but finally watched Friday Night Lights!). Homecoming was good (I didn't listen to the podcast), season 2 of Patriot decent (always takes me a couple of episodes to get into it), just started The Tick (enjoyed first 2 episodes), finally getting around to Season 3 of The Man in the High Castle (liked the premise originally, but it went off in a weird way and now I feel like I have to keep watching), a Very English Scandal was good as well (only 3 eps).

4. DanOregon

I'm a big fan of The Good Place - but doing the "reboot" thing again? I guess the nice thing about the show is that they never stick with one "premise" for more than three episodes. I was hoping at some point the show would settle down and at least have the bad four interacting with others on a regular basis instead of hopping all over the place together.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This season of The Good Place was disappointing by their high standards. It felt like they were treading water a bit and I don’t think that Chidi and Eleanor have any chemistry.

6. DanOregon

I do think the show needs to "open up" more - having the soul squad carry 95 percent of the show with minimal outside interaction is wasting some potential.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I still really like it, but I'm kind of with you on Chidi and Eleanor - they don't really seem like that great of a match.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

We’re watching Heartland on Netflix. Love it. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Alberta next year.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Finished up "Bodyguard" tonight after seeing someone on here recommend it. Very well made and entertaining — and just the right length. I thought it left some loose ends concerning the new Home Secretary, but I don't think it could sustain another six episodes to clear up those issues.

10. DanOregon

Considering how powerful some of those 6 and 8 ep BBC series can be - I'm surprised you don't see the broadcast nets do much of them. Seems like they would be a great fit for mid-January through February run.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Up to date on True Detective. Enjoying it. Mahershala Ali is great as usual. He’s pretty much in everything I watch right now it seems. Overall great cast and a compelling story. Way better than Season 2.

Anyone catch “Abducted in Plain Sight” on Netflix? I’m addicted to true crime docs. This case is fucking batshit crazy.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed. I just wonder if it makes commercial sense to do. I love the relatively short story where you don’t get sick of the characters

Draft saved Draft deleted