1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. John B. Foster

Hasn't Folk missed more field goals in his career than Parkey?

3. John B. Foster

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was worried he was going to retire after the last game and those misses - which would have been a lousy way for the future HOFer to go out.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is Vinatieri going to start carrying a staff and stone tablets out on the field? Because once that white beard started growing out, man, it looked like he'd seen the burning bush.

da man likes this.
  6. DanOregon

[​IMG]
    He's a kid.

Attached Files:

DanielSimpsonDay and maumann like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Saw him play quarterback. For the Houston Oilers. At Rice Stadium against the Boston Patriots.

misterbc likes this.
  8. DanOregon

He was my dude growing up. Remember those variety packs of cereals that came in little boxes? My brother and sisters would always go for the sugary stuff first - I went for Product 19 because Blanda endorsed it.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There are probably a few people still alive who saw him play for the Bears, or for Bear at Kentucky.

maumann likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Would love to see him make it to 2020 so he can join the Four Decade club. Him and Phil Dawson can both do it if they play two more years.

11. John B. Foster

Sad day. One of my all-time favorite players to watch. See you in Canton.

maumann and TigerVols like this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I still owe Southern Nash head football coach Ray Davis a letter of apology. As sports editor of the Telegram, I chose the quarterback from a rival school who led his team to the North Carolina 1-A state championship as our Player of the Year over Peppers during his senior year (he had won the award three consecutive times). I told Ray, "Julius will play more at the Dean Dome than he will at Kenan Stadium." Boy did I ever blow that prediction.

Peppers was a running back, defensive lineman and PUNTER in high school. He was already 6-5 as a freshman and a dominating post player in basketball. He also ran track. One of those "once in a lifetime" kind of kids you know has Hall of Fame written all over him at 15.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    sgreenwell and John B. Foster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted