1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, some kids are easier than others but the other one needed parenting and discipline and they failed him.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The original House of Cards is good. Pretty much the same plot for the first season, a little more tongue-in-cheek, and some laughably bad production values towards the end.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What I loved about the original was that the Frank Underwood character was played by the guy in all of those Grey Poupon ads.

4. DanOregon

Starting in on the second season of American Vandal. Considering the reviews, I was surprised Netflix cancelled it, but I do know it's owned by CBS. I also wonder if it has much of a shelf life. The format is funny, and they use it in interesting ways - but they're running out of genitalia and bodily fluids.

5. DanOregon

Season 3 of Travelers - particularly the ending - whoa, didn't see that coming.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thought the first season was pretty funny and enjoyable. Had no desire to see the second season.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Manifest, noticed it on Hulu. One of those...large group of people disappear and after a period of time come back...stories. i guess it is an ongoing series and I will start recording weekly once episodes run out on Hulu. I have seen negative reviews but I like it. Hope they come to a conclusion.
    I know writers are busy but I wish that when a series is cancelled, they could write quick explanation of what the ending was going to be.

Also watched 'You' on Netflix. Really liked it, probably a girly show, so tell all your women!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Has Manifest been cancelled?

9. DanOregon

I think its one of NBC's top performing shows - so no chance.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Well, it premiered on Lifetime last summer, so it's pretty much out there as a girly show.

I'm good though. I read the synopsis and was pretty much like, no thanks. I have Dateline already to convince me that staying single might actually be a good decision.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just finished The Bodyguard. You are a truth teller.

Fantastic show -- probably my favorite drama in at least a year.

lakefront and TigerVols like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My "favourite" since Shetland.

Draft saved Draft deleted