1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multi-media journalist/reporter - GoldandBlack.com covering Purdue

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Alan Karpick, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Alan Karpick

Alan Karpick New Member

Looking for an energetic, qualified and reliable multi-media journalist for one of the most established websites in the Rivals.com network. We seek a full-time writer excited at the opportunity to primarily cover Big Ten football. Duties will be focused on Purdue football coverage with potential secondary responsibilities with men's basketball and recruiting. Editing skills, social media understanding, effective message board interaction and ability to work with autonomy are necessary. Please send resume and contact information to publisher Alan Karpick at AKarpick@GoldandBlack.com.

ByTylerMansfield likes this.
  2. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

3. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Same Matthew Stevens who was covering Mississippi State and fired for saying negative things about Ladayette, Louisiana?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yup. Sounds like Lafayette will not be somewhere he actively pursues his next opportunity.

5. tonygunk

tonygunk Member

Must not have taken well to WEST Lafayette either

6. Alan Karpick

Alan Karpick New Member

The position has been filled. I appreciate all that inquired and with everyone good luck in future endeavors.

RonClements likes this.
  7. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

8. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Filled in like 2 business days? Probably shouldn't post on a board like this to have people spend time sending a resume and writing a cover letter when there's someone clearly set up to take the position already.

twinsfan1424, BBaum21 and studthug12 like this.
  9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Shit happens.

Many job openings are never advertised. Others are advertised solely for legal purposes and have already been filled.

Life goes on.

10. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

While I kind of agree, they also never told you to send a cover letter, just resumé and contact info. So you wasted your own time writing a cover letter if you in fact did so. And honestly, sending a resumé/contact info doesn't take very long. They had who they wanted. Sucks but not the first or last time it'll happen

11. Tyler

Tyler New Member

No, I didn’t, was just speaking generally that a lot of people will take the time to write a cover letter even if it’s not mentioned. Just seems silly to post on a forum if you already have your guy. I obviously understand posting it on site for legal reasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted