1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Do you want to see Taker in this year’s WM? I sure don’t.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's obviously seen better days, but I do want them to give him a definitive send off. Whatever that entails, it should be at Wrestlemania.

3. John B. Foster

I guess if it’s against Kane, I will be fine with it. Other than that, meh!

4. Mwilliams685

Mwilliams685 Active Member

Honestly, I was disappointed to see him wrestle again after he lost to Roman at WM. The way he left was almost a perfect way for him to retire.

I just don’t see him as type to make a big speech or anything like that.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bobby Roode’s Glorious.

Old school: Pomp and Circumstances with Randy Savage (Before my time, Gorgeous George used it too). At my high school graduation, we were joking about Savage as we made our entrance.

John B. Foster likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Current theme: Sami Zayn. I like the ska vibe to it. Becky Lynch's is similar.

Older themes: Can't go wrong with Real American. Also partial to Jericho's original WCW theme.

7. John B. Foster

What were reactions when this happened?

Was this a shocking moment for you guys?

8. John B. Foster

This is too good not to share:

9. nietsroob17

Finn Balor made a surprise appearance in the NXT UK: Takeover special today, facing his legit protege Jordan Devlin to a huge pop.

I like having the main roster starts make cameos in the NXTs. Tyler Breeze wrestled Ricochet for the NXT North American title a few weeks ago.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Actually, I wasn't shocked at all. The WWF Magazine had an article a month or two earlier talking about supposed friction between The Rockers, which was obviously setting up the angle. Then, on the WWF syndicated show, there was a title match with LOD, where The Rockers lost and the two had an argument in ring. By the time they started the Barber Shop bit, I knew how it was going to end.
    That said, the angle was done very well, and Heenan's work on that was great.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The Jericho theme? Wasn't that the one that Jericho despised? He's said it was just something they picked out of the TBS stock library and it was titled "Basketball Highlights #7" or something like that.

For theme songs, I'd have to pick the Ultimate Warrior's. It always seemed to get the crowd pumped up, and it was perfect for the character.

12. nietsroob17

To each is own. Question was favorite theme, not "best" theme. I always enjoyed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted