1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can walk this one back even further.

Pitt was one of the first school's called during the 2003 raid and then-chancellor Mark Nordenberg said, "nah. We just had a meeting a couple months back where we all agreed we are committed to staying in the Big East." Nordenberg was so naïve that he believed a pinky-swear among Donna Shalala the boys was a bond. He found out reality when the other member schools were contacted by Swofford.

Two years later, Pitt's in Big East 2.0 fighting UCONN and South Florida. Friggin' morons.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ask Randy Shannon how wonderful Donna Shalala is ...

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HS not college, but...

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just for grins, I went to the comments to see what the magas thought.
    4:1 against the young woman.

Shocker.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Any basketball gambling degenerates around here? Looking over the Saturday schedule and there are a ton of intriguing games. Trying to decide whether to narrow the list, figure out if I want to go nuts with a couple of parlays, or see if I'm just off base on any of these.
    Thinking of playing two games and doing two parlays of 3-5 teams each.
    Help a brother out?

Virginia -6 1/2 at Clemson
    Seton Hall +6 at Marquette
    Texas Tech -1 at Texas
    Kansas -3 1/2 at Baylor
    LSU +1 at Arkansas
    Tennessee -3 at Florida
    Arizona State -3 at Stanford
    Arizona -8 1/2 at California
    Gonzaga -8 1/2 at San Francisco

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia will win by at least 7 or lose to Clemson. Don't see a scenario where Clemson covers and UVa wins by 6 or less.

Take LSU on the road.

I'd take Arizona State to cover.

I'd stay away from Gonzaga/USF. The Dons are decent and that'll be their big statement game of the year. Could see that one being close.

Batman likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good point on Gonzaga/USF. Might knock that one off the list or go the other way.

The games I was thinking of breaking out on their own were Kansas, Tennessee and the two Arizona schools. Between the low lines and some mediocre to crappy opponents, those are quite enticing.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Duke FSU right now.
    More unwatchable......Vitale or Ted Valentine?

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Turn sound off and ignore officials (said by someone who tried to tune out Dick Paparo, then Karl Hess, now Jamie Luckie).

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Mike Krzyzewski were an honest and honorable person he would bench Zion Williamson for the rest of the season. He's the number 1 draft choice, unless he gets hurt. He can't get better over the next 20 games in college to justify the loss of any money. He's playing for the glory of his coach and to the detriment of his own interests

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tuesday: Virginia Tech at Virginia.

That should be a cracking good time.

Draft saved Draft deleted