1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Not soon enough

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think for Trump that 'The Sopranos' is a better match. He reminds me of Tony's mom .... collecting injustices, holding grudges and he seems incapable of joy (I think that was Dr. Melfi's description). I actually feel a little sorry for Trump. I don't think he's ever been happy.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bullshit. He's ecstatic when neo-nazis are marching in Charlottesville, or immigrant kids are dying in cages.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He takes great joy in being cruel to others. "That's how winners win!" Simply a horrible, rotten guy at every turn.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump is actually a time-traveling cross between Don Fanucci and Joey Zasa.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hail Mary, full of grace ...

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Watch for the tell-tale oranges.

SoloFlyer likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There are so many great stories of Trump's idiocy, but the one that will stick in my mind the rest of my life is when he argued with a naval officer on the phone against the use of electromagnetic catapults and insisted they should go back to steam.

If I were writing a screenplay for a Trump biopic, it's what I'd start the movie with. I think it really gets to the heart of his idiocy in a couple minute scene.

Gary Busey would be my Trump.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So the Tony Soprano comparison works. I've been watching episodes during the HBO Sopranos marathon this week and there are many moments that you see a genuine smile on his face as he does something horrible.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Tony's also capable of kindness and there are occasional moments of conflict within him. Trump has no such conflict. He's long gone full-Sith.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tony Soprano had the balls to take matters into his own hands - killing Big Pussy, killing Tony B, choking out Christopher, beating the shit out of numerous people, starting with Mehaffey in the very first episode. Trump is a chicken shit coward who has to hire people to do these things while he Shit talks from behind the hired help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.