1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2019 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

And let's see where Jalen Hurts ends up

3. nafselon

Meanwhile, Clemson is losing like 12 of the 14 guys on their front seven two-deep to either graduation or early entry.

They have plenty of young, hungry, talented dudes ready to fill in the spots but they will be very young and inexperienced on defense.

Luckily the offense should score 50 points a game.

4. nafselon

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Going into a transfer portal sounds incredible.

expendable likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I can't blame a kid for at least wanting to see his options. If Fields becomes immediately eligible, Martell will never start there and if he waits for the NCAA to drag out the process like they normally do, it might be too late for him. It's definitely not the situation he saw when he signed.

7. nafselon

Of course not, he should look around. I blame him for tweeting subliminally like an asshole and running away as soon as Fields got there.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that some sort of teleportation device?

Hermes likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Science fiction writer Larry Niven had those in one of his books. It was basically like a telephone booth you would enter, punch in a location code, and presto!, you're there. He also came up with the idea that when something really interesting happened, people all over the world would step into a booth and pop over to see it. If it was an event that drew thousands of such people to do so at the same time, the closest booths would be overwhelmed and the overflow would arrive at the closest surrounding portals. This would cause a huge ring of people suddenly appearing nearby.

He called the sudden arrival of lots of people for an event a "flash mob", which is the origin of the term now used for a group of people starting to sing or dance unannounced in a public space.

Flip Wilson and Hermes like this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That is seriously maybe the most interesting thing I have ever read on this board. Thanks.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Np. I'm a font of useless knowledge. You really don't want to play Trivial Pursuit with me.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Disco/the sound of music/ the macarena .....three things that have never been in my kitchen.

Draft saved Draft deleted