1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is gonna be one expensive divorce

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 9, 2019.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

TMZ (who else?) reporting what a lot of you were wondering. There is no pre-nup.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Would a prenup supersede the laws of a community-property state?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he wasn't incredibly wealthy when they married. She was there all the way as he (they) built their fortune.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seriously, guys, why on earth would you care? Why should he care? He has more money than he can spend in 10 lifetimes - with or without splitting it in half.

6. Regan MacNeil

I don't at all care about Bezos or his money, other than hoping he continues to well-endow WaPo's endeavors. I care a little about how and why the National Enquirer went about helping cause the divorce.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Half!

8. Vombatus

His weiner was a far bigger factor than a tabloid.

9. Vombatus

But it could be tiny.

10. poindexter

If there was only a way Bezos could have prevented the National Enquirer from helping cause the divorce..... if there was only something Bezos could have (not) done.......

Nope. I can't think of anything to prevent the Enquirer from reporting about his affair.

11. Regan MacNeil

That's a separate discussion. In fact, it's not really a discussion at all. Of course he shouldn't have fucked around on his wife.

But the how and why don't bother you? What if it wasn't them using his affair against him? What if it was something else? What if it turned out he was gay and they outed him both to his wife and publicly? Would it bother you then?

12. poindexter

The national enquirer has been snooping around and reporting on affairs (as well as other things) since I was a kid going to the grocery store with my mom,and seeing the enquirer in the check out stand. And sometimes they get it wrong.

I'm not sure I am supposed to give a shit now.

Draft saved Draft deleted