1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Dec 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to be a head coach with the guy who won the Super Bowl with that same franchise on my staff.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

From a pure fanboy perspective, I'm just glad Munchak is staying with the Steelers.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

About freaking time Vic Fangio finally got a shot. Oversaw the Dome Patrol during the Saints' first serious heyday, then went to the Carolina Panthers to be the defensive coordinator. A little linebacker played for him during that span ...

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kliff Kingsbury?? Seriously? Guy couldn't even break .500 in college? NFL coach lifers must be wondering what do you have to be to get a gig? Of course getting the Arizona gig after they fired their HC after only one year may not be the plumb job, its a set up for failure there.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love the prevailing wisdom out there that Kingsbury is in demand because of Mahomes. But never mind the many, many quarterbacks in his system who never played a down in the NFL. Let's put the guy in charge of a team because of his one success. Then again, it's the Cardinals, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Kingsbury any more or less qualified than Vance Joseph when he was hired?

7. Regan MacNeil

Much, much less qualified. Joseph had more than a decade of experience as an NFL assistant/coordinator.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase to the Jets. Because apparently he was the last guy left.

9. Regan MacNeil

So Kingsbury gets a job but no one will hire Beav McCarthy?

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Beating the Jets is not what I regard as a stellar resume item for an NFL coach. Also, this is a phenomenon I've seen in more baseball trades and free agents signings than I can count. "This guy must be terrific. He kills us." No, he kills you because you suck.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Patriots for another decade of division titles. Sam Darnold will be this generation's Archie Manning.

Draft saved Draft deleted