1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Used to Write for Sports Illustrated. Now I Deliver Packages for Amazon.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Slacker, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

You never cease to amaze me with your intellect and perspective. I bet you were one hell of a writer.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Thanks, Doc. I appreciate the good words. I actually was probably a better reporter than writer, though I'd like to think the intellect/perspective worked for that, too.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

Thanks for reminding me that quitting Twitter has allowed me to avoid all mentions and references to the insufferable Dick Deitsch. He's like the funeral director of sports media; he'll always have a job bc some sports personality is dying professionally. Like, say, Murphy.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not a fan - at all - of Deitsch.

7. inthesuburbs

inthesuburbs Member

What is this about? Murphy's daughter? What other site?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's one of the few SI 2.0 folks I regularly read.

11. CD Boogie

I didn't get beyond the intro. I watched Saved by the Bell religiously and I could give two damns how Zack Morris's real name is pronounced. Especially 20 years after the fact. Traina is fine. He's always been...fine. He's always struck me as kind of lukewarm. I know he made a nice niche for himself with Extra Mustard, but he seems like he's basically been repeating himself for more than a decade.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was a disappointing podcast. The Gosselaar (sp?) stuff was a 30-second yuk that went on far too long, followed by extended discussion about Twitter being a cesspool for broadcaster criticism. Wow, you don't say. Why do so many podcasts and sports talk shows insist on feeding me Twitter discussion? If I want Twitter I'll go to effing Twitter.

Draft saved Draft deleted