1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Hogan never really traveled in Dusty's circles, and plus I'm sure he had a lot of names rattling around to make that promo work. I'm sure it wasn't a purposeful omission.

rb

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Damn. Two big gets. AEW has the former Neville and Jericho.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Rey/Mustafa vs. Ali/Joe -- that was like an old-school cruiserweight match from Nitro's heyday.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Going back to Monday’s conversation about WWE not pushing guys..... one example on the “they’ll screw up Onega” side has to be Samoa Joe.

He’s the most believable bad ass in the company. Every time they give him a spotlight (Lesnar feud, Reigns, Styles) he kills it on the mic and in the ring. And he never wins and slides down the card. That’s one I truly don’t get.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not really. He listed four stars who were best known for their WWF careers. Dusty is more synonymous with the NWA.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out hope with Joe that they're going to go back to Styles-Joe for Wrestlemania. But I'm not sure what they'd do with Daniel Bryan since they turned him heel and have Miz in ridiculous tag team angle. I figured we'd be seeing Bryan-Miz at WM until the heel turn.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. John B. Foster

What's your dream card for Wrestlemania?

Please do not include Omega, since he's not signed.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

OK, based off last year when they had 14 matches, including the ones on the preshow:

-- Universal title: Seth Rollins (champ, wins belt at Elimination Chamber) vs. Finn Balor (Rumble winner)
    -- WWE title: Bryan (champ) vs. Styles vs. Joe
    -- Raw women's title: Rousey (champ) vs. Lynch (Rumble winner)
    -- Smackdown women's title: Asuka vs. Flair
    -- IC title: Ambrose (champ) vs. Kevin Owens
    -- US title: Rusev (champ) vs. Andrade Almas
    -- Raw tag titles: The Revival (champions) vs. AOP
    -- Smackdown tag titles: Usos vs. The Bar vs. Sanity vs. New Day in a TLC match (hey, it's my dream card, so bring back TLC)
    -- Women's tag titles: Bayley/Banks vs. Riot Squad
    -- Strowman vs. Lesnar, falls count anywhere or Hell in a Cell
    -- Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Elias vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Apollo Crews in a MITB match (again, it's a dream card, so bring back MITB for one night even if it has it's own PPV -- think about how fun it could be to have TWO people holding a MITB case on the same show)
    -- Andre the Giant Battle Royal: Curt Hawkins wins, dammit -- not really, but have him be second to last and thinks he did and Sami Zayne comes up from behind a broadcast table and throws him out and wins in a huge heel moment
    -- Women's Battle Royal: Nicki Cross wins
    -- Miz vs. Triple H (Shane turns on Miz at Rumble and helps the Bar beat him down, setting up Miz-Shane at Elimination Chamber or in a no DQ match. Miz is about to win when Triple H comes out and saves his bro-in-law; ensuing smacktalk about Miz from Triple H, and Miz ends up getting a win over Shane at Fastlane to get a shot at Triple H at 'Mania, which he wins to complete his face turn)

11. John B. Foster

Random Friday night wrestling question:

All-time favorite wrestling theme song?

Arn Anderson for me.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No Cena or Undertaker?

Draft saved Draft deleted