1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You're the Worst is back for its final season this week. I'm gonna miss that show.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The woke mob would come for Sorkins flaws and his wooden female characters and it would never work. Best scenario is some kind of Newsroom lite.

Its been what 15-18 years since he made something truly great? I dont see it even in this era of reboot fever

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much as people would want a WW-redux, it wouldn't be The West Wing. There are half a dozen shows that cover the same turf, try to mix in the morality and schmaltz with gritty real-world issues. They can't do it better than they've already done it and even if they did - it wouldn't seem like it was better.
    Maybe they could merge the West Wing and LA Law reboots. I might watch that.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When Sorkin is good, he's amazing. But his tropes and tics can get old very quickly. Both Studio 60 and The Newsroom were a complete mess most of the time.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

True Detective

Sunday

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When West Wing was good, it was really, really good — the best show on TV. See "Posse Comitatus."

When it was bad, it was really, really bad — cringeworthy at best. See any of the daughter kidnapped episodes.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The daughter kidnapped episodes aren't as ludicrous as our current reality.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If I were a serious liberal politician who was going to run for President I would see if he would be interested in writing some speeches.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If you don’t vote for me you havent seen shakesphere the way its meant to be done

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - whatever happened to Sabrina Lloyd. I thought she'd be big.

And surprised to realize Merrit Wever was in Studio 60.

The supercut didn't include "the thing" that was about to happen.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Most of that storyline sucked, but it did give us "25." That was Sorkin's final episode and one of my favorites, mostly for the Toby subplot.

Off I go to find his "Babies come with hats" monologue on YouTube.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted