1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Bowl Season 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RubberSoul1979, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I agree completely. That’s an easy first lede with the blowout. He could have easily had it complete as soon as the game was over. Drop in some quotes a little later.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is it possible he filed at a decent time but it got hung up in the middle (not knowing the exact protocol of what happens after writer finishes)?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nothing is certain but Clemson appears loaded in 2019. The skill positions all return next year with Lawrence, Etienne, and the WRs (Justyn ??, that was def OBJ like) all back. I know the OL is losing 4 and DL is losing several but the DL replacements were impressive.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

ah, they're college kids; they'll fuck up something.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Re: Long-ago Clemson cheating. My roommate one year during the early 1980s was on our university's fencing team. He said Clemson was even paying its fencers, so he was sure the football cheating was epic. Didn't Tree Rollins also admit to getting $50K to play basketball for Clemson in the mid-1970s?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The least attractive NFL playoff game is still more attractive than anything else on the American sports TV market. So it's not worth splitting up a TV day for a college game.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Offensively they will average well over 40 points a game and probably have the Heisman favorite at quarterback.

I think they will take a significant step back defensively. Got some nice young linemen but you don't just replace four guys with high NFL draft upside and 3+ years experience up front

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Congrats and best wishes!

Going to college is going to be far better than working at a Laz-E-Boy factory.

Speaking of which, I have two uncles who used to work there. How old is your chair and what model is it? I can ask them if they built it.

Hmm. It’s a small world after all.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Bottom line is that over the last four years the two teams have identical records and each have two championships. This isn't even a case of #1 and 1a, it's #1a and 1b.

11. Neutral Corner

UAB lost numbers after their football team was killed. Once it was revived, enrollment has increased each year. This year's class is the largest in the school's history.

And that's with regard to a team that "no one cared about".

12. Neutral Corner

Riiiight. UCF undefeated for two years and unable to make the playoffs says otherwise. Any team who is not a member of the P5 has ZERO chance to make the playoff from before the season starts through the end of the year.

Utter bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted