1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Saw "A Simple Favor" with Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick the other day and it was godawful. Lazy writing, plot holes galore and fairly predictable.

"Mission: Impossible Fallout" last night. It was a half hour too long, but otherwise spectacular action sequences sandwiched around a, well, impossible plot. Entertaining, but not great.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Swingers finally added to Netflix; prayer answered.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Saw Escape Room (I was bored as fuck today until I can start working again). Plot was not complex by any means. The character connection (what they all had to do with each other) was a bit forced and the great reveal of what was going on was anticlimactic. But it was not a waste of time. I expected a lot of gory horror but it was more suspense horror (which I like better anyway). I really thought the plot twist was going to be that it was a Saw sequel and the fact it wasn't (sorry spoiler alert) was immensely disappointing. Honest to God, that would have made the movie a mind fuck and worth a second watch. As it stands, it's a January rainy-day flick that won't leave you wishing you'd gotten a root canal instead.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife has been bugging my daughter and I to watch "A Simple Favor" with her for a while. This just makes me feel better about my ongoing efforts to duck that one. :)

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

BLAKE LIVELY!!!

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Me and my wife left before it ended. IT JUST WOULD NOT END!!

Absolutely stupid/dumb movie.

/endrant

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. outofplace

There are better options if you just want to watch her.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's too bad, because it could have been promising, but Kendrick was a caricature from the start, the plot had the characters doing things that made no sense (for instance, leaving children with a sitter while driving from Connecticut to Michigan for a 5-minute conversation), and the ending took the film being a mystery/thriller type film to a wacky comedy in .05 seconds. It was weird.

I had resisted it for a few weeks, largely because the recommendation to watch it came from my sister-in-law (whose taste in films is questionable, at best), but the trailer looked decent and we had been watching a lot of "my" movies lately (comic book, action and dramas), so I finally relented. Bad choice.

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

QTLaw is all growns up!

10. outofplace

I've got a little wiggle room on that front after the last two we saw were movies I didn't really want to watch, Welcome to Marwen and Birdbox. The former was absolute shit. The latter was decent. Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars IX are easy enough. My wife may not want to see all three, but my daughter will. I'm going to need the leverage for Glass. :)

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Finally saw Widows Friday night. Fun ride. Viola Davis (who grew up two towns over from me) was badass. As Spaulding Gray would put it, so intense I couldn't get up to take a pee.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Anna Kendrick may need to go out a live a little more life. She's increasing;y out of her depth, and it shows in her performances. She's playing ideas at this point.

Couldn't agree more on MI. At the end I'm like, fuck, end.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted