1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Officiating assignments are out. Sarah Thomas working the Patriots-Chargers game, her first on-field playoff assignment.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good for her.
    I can tell you that the officials that worked wild card weekend are now eligible for the Super Bowl.
    Both NFL and MLB will not have someone work back to back weekends or series.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A live look at Philip Rivers' neighborhood:

Screenshot (2).jpg

amraeder and sgreenwell like this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

He came along nine months after the last time the Chargers didn't come home between two East Coast games.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Friends of mine have two boys and decided to try for a girl. Bam, twin boys. Now they have four boys ages 5, 3 and 1.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can make an effective case that Philly sports fans are horrendously hostile, ill tempered, rude, obnoxious and boorish. But now that Cody Parkey is getting numerous death threats, Chicago sports fans are the worst bitches in sports. First Bartman is run out of town and threatened with death and now a kicker. For a town that thinks they are the Dick Butkus of cities, they really are nothing but weak prima donnas.
    Add the slurping that they still do to the 85 Bears and Jordan, and a front running city of pousers is what they really are

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have become frustrated with players on my favorite team, but that is ridiculous. It is even worse when you realize they seem to be ignoring that the ball was tipped.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ah, fair point. Didn't think of that, for some weird reason.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At some point, when all of the kids are old enough, some NFL Films producer has GOT to talk the Rivers and Cromartie clans into playing a flag football game against each other.

10. MileHigh

Yes, eligible. But the trend is for officials who work divisional weekend are up for the Super Bowl, but not necessarily all on the same crew. Officials that worked wild card weekend likely will be plucked for conference championship games.

11. MileHigh

A 35-year-old classic revisited.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why a ball being tipped "absolves" the kicker.

Unless, of course, someone whiffs on a block and the kick gets smothered, usually a kick gets blocked because it's simply a little too low --- which is the kicker's fault. It's not like some lineman was able to jump 12 inches higher than normal all of a sudden. And it was only a 43-yarder, so there was no need to 3-iron it just to reach the uprights.

Draft saved Draft deleted