1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agree as to your second point, although it all worked out. Collinsworth almost lost it when they called the TO.

On the first point, I disagree. The Eagles needed a TD, so they had to try to score on every play. On top of that, the clock may have stopped on another down if there was an incomplete pass.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Most of the road teams match up fairly well IMO

Indy and Dallas can run the ball and shorten the game. Dallas is kind of a wildcard because they haven't been particularly good on the road and Dak, in particular, isn't good on the road. But McVay has to prove he can make some adjustments.

The Chargers have some really versatile athletic defensive players like James, Ingram and Bosa that can at least disrupt New England's offense on different levels. They are probably the closest team to the Ravens/Giants teams that have given New England and Brady trouble in the past.

Philly doesn't seem to match up as well with NOLA as the road teams do in the other games but they do have a quarterback that's 4-0 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl MVP under his belt.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Correct. What if the Eagles scored on first down? Then you wasted a significant amount of time for no reason.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ye Olde Chef predictons:

IND @ KC: Too much Mahomes, Inc. for the Fighting Horse Shoes. 34-24 Chiefs.

DAL @ LAR: I think this is the blowout of the weekend. In order to beat the Rams at home, you have to basically match them score for score. Unless Emmitt, Irvin, and Witten decide to suit up, it ain't happening. 38-13 Sheep.

SD @ NE: Chargers came dangerously close to pissing away a 20 point 4th quarter lead at Baltimore. Now fly cross country back home for 3 days, and fly cross country again for a 10 am kick?....Nope. 31-14 Patsys.

PHI @ NO: I don't get the Eagles with Foles. I just don't get it. He was on the verge of retirement until Reid talked him out of it. They win again in the upset of the weekend.
    38-30 Iggles.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Maddox plays for the iggles he will take Elvis Patteron’s Retired nickname. Toast.

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The guy was named Cody when his parents knew their last name was Parkey. He never had a chance.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Chargers are gonna man-handle the Pats, IMHO. Other than that, I'd go with the Rams, Saints and Chiefs, yes.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you’re the Chargers, why not try to make arrangements with either an NFL team not in the playoffs or a college football factory to use their facilities and stay on the East Coast for the week?

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Got a 4-team money line parlay down -- Rams/Chiefs/Chargers/Saints. +572.

Draft saved Draft deleted