1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man wings wife and in-laws after finding sex tape starring wife and bestie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Here’s an example:

[​IMG]

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did you see what she was wearing? She was just asking to be raped.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you watch the clip?

Carlson's premise is that women are unlikely to marry men who make less money than them.

If women, on whole, make more money than men, he says that women may have children with, but not marry men.

His premise -- and again, this is his premise -- is that there are problems associated with single parent households.

The other premise is that there are problems when you have an abundance of unmarried men in a society.

Now, I'm not sure I agree with everything he said, but I'm also not sure why it can't be a subject for discussion.

Instead, and we see this often, instead of addressing what was said, an attempt is made to simply vilify the person who said something that folks disagree with, and end the discussion.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s not what I ever said. But youve reduced it to the absurd.

5. heyabbott

I don’t agree - and neither does the law - but it’s at least a provocative idea.

Adultery is not illegal. Punching someone is. That’s domestic violence by classic definition.[/QUOTE]
    Really emotional attacks are illegal it’s called harassment. Constant verbal assaults without physical violence is domestic violence stalking is not physical violence but it is domestic violence. Adultery is illegal and a crime in the state of Maryland

I am not arguing that the shooting is justified in anyway. Nor am I say that her actions provoked see salt. I am not arguing that the shooting is justified in anyway. Nor am I say that her actions provoked see salt. Her actions are not legally adequate provocation

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Really emotional attacks are illegal it’s called harassment. Constant verbal assaults without physical violence is domestic violence stalking is not physical violence but it is domestic violence. Adultery is illegal and a crime in the state of Maryland[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, harassment is harassment. By “emotional attacks” I thought you meant adultery.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Odds are pretty decent everyone involved in the story is a piece of shit. But I'm willing to entertain the idea the guy who decided to shoot their mother and grandparents in front of his little kids might not have been a perfect husband before she fell into another man's arms.

8. heyabbott

I think that’s a reasonable assumption.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL @ Tucker Carlson's BS being a legit argument worth discussing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

OK. So, let's say it's B.S. That's fine.

But, "I'd be psyched if my wife made more money than me," isn't a counter argument, and doesn't address what he said.

So, if you think it's B.S., tell me where he goes off the rails.

In a society where women make more money than men, are we likely to see fewer marriages, and more out of wedlock births, because women are unlikely to marry men who make less money than them? If he's wrong about this, then we're done, right?

Is your argument that it's fine if we have less marriages, and more out of wedlock births? I'd be interested in hearing that too.

Is an abundance of unmarried men a problem, or not a problem?

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

These Peterson/Carlson 'men in decline' narratives are laughable - and have been since Adam.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

Well, again, are you saying it's not true, or that it's not a problem? Two different things.

I think it's safe to say that men are not doing as well as they used to, as compared to women:

[​IMG]

Prediction: No 2017 graduation speaker will mention this – the growing ‘gender college degree gap’ favoring women - AEI

Across socioeconomic classes, women are increasingly enrolling and completing postsecondary education, while, even as opportunities for people without a college education shrink, men’s rates of graduation remain relatively stagnant. In 2015, the most recent year for whichdata is available, 72.5 percent of females who had recently graduated high school were enrolled in a two-year or four-year college, compared to 65.8 percent of men. That’s a big difference from 1967, when 57 percent of recent male high-school grads were in college, compared to 47.2 percent of women.

The Gender Gap in College Education - The Atlantic

Draft saved Draft deleted