1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What one thing do you want to know?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 3, 2019.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How come, in Western shootouts, the errant bullets never hit anyone's horse?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Union rules.

Horse union rules.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who let the dogs out?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why do bad things happen to good people and why do good things happen to bad people.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Are we alone in the universe?

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd like to hover above my property and do a Time Machine sequence to know what it looked like and what went on here throughout history.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There are more stars than grains of sand on Earth. Almost all of them, as far as we know, are orbited by planets. There are tens of billions of planets within the habitable zones of their stars in the Milky Way alone. Beyond the Milky Way, there are hundreds of millions of other galaxies. That means there are millions of billions of potentially habitable planets in the universe.

So I suspect no, we are not alone.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Then where are they?

Fermi paradox - Wikipedia

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How can I cure my wife of cancer

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Extremely far away. Next nearest star system to us after the sun, Alpha Centauri, would take us 73,000 years to reach with our current technology.

Space is really, really big. I suspect that within fifty years, we'll know of other life in the universe, but we won't be able to contact it or reach it. I'm not sure how we ever will. We'll just know they're out there.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just read that in Carl Sagan's voice. ... it made me want to smoke pot for the first time in decades.

Draft saved Draft deleted