1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man wings wife and in-laws after finding sex tape starring wife and bestie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Jan 4, 2019.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Better reason to shoot people than coming upon a kid wearing a hoodie.

[edit...I do not condone this action]

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Isn't it a more accurate representation of the argument to say that women making more than men is indicative of other societal problems?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's saying that it is a bad thing, that it causes problems. It's a justification for denying women equal rights. Even you should be able to see that, but he shares your choice in political laundry so you defend him.

If this was coming from a Democrat, you'd be screaming about the misogyny and we all know it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does is cause problems?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think so, but I also know this: The kind of income and opportunity inequality we have in America today absolutely causes societal ills, and I have never gotten the impression Tucker Carlson was all too worried about the rich getting richer.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The gender wage gap is a worldwide phenomenon. I'm not sure we have evidence to say what effect a gender wage gape reversal might have:

Economic inequality by gender

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is the whining of misogynists a problem? Otherwise, no, not really.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Carlson's argument - which seems right out of the book of Jordan Peterson - is that women generally won't marry/pair with men who make less money than the woman does. He didn't really explain why, but the upshot of that, I guess, would be fewer men getting married and settling down, and thus free to sow wild oats and commit crimes, or something.

Peterson peddles something similar, I think. The alpha male thing. I think that's what the whole incel movement is based on - men who imagine themselves unworthy of women, or are cuckolds, or somehow can't catch a date because all the women are pursuing the same small group of good-looking/confident/wealthy men, who then share and abuse the women, who are then left bitter and disenfranchised and scornful of men. It's quite the cycle they've cooked up.

Double Down likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Men are 75:1 the leading cause of murder by firearms. What should we do about it?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Free guns for women days?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If they're teachers, throw in 500 rounds of ammo. [/crossthread]

Draft saved Draft deleted