1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What one thing do you want to know?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 3, 2019.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It was "Let's fuck up the evening commute in Toronto Day" apparently. ;)

ChrisLong and Huggy like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What does God really want from everyone.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I heeded the warnings and did not leave the office - right next door to the rink - at my usual time which would have been right around the time the game was getting out. Gave it another 30 minutes and the area was clear except for the usual dope smokers loitering waiting for their train to be called.

ChrisLong and HC like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What if God was one of us? Just a stranger on the bus?

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I wonder, wonder who, who-oo-ooh, who
    (Who wrote the book of love)

And whether the Cardinals will win a World Series before the Cubs win another.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This is something I like. When Las Vegas had an ECHL team -- the Wranglers played at The Orleans Arena -- they had a few Midnight starts. They realized that a large portion of Las Vegas residents are in the entertainment field, i.e. working at shows, working in restaurants, etc., so they were working during normal 7 or 7:30 hockey games. The Midnight starts gave them a chance to attend.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This brings to mind a question I've had for a while. Artie Lange tells a story about taking a bookie for a few hundred dollars by betting on Wednesday afternoon NHL games after they had been played because the bookie thought they were night games. I have no memory of games ever being played on weekdays (Lange isn't that much older than I am) and can find nothing about it on the internet. Please restore my faith in junkie comics.

Huggy likes this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have told this before but I go I know from my junior days was a minor-league goalie for a number of years before getting into the financial business. He had played with the guy who coached the Vegas team - either ECHL or IHL, can't recall - told him he was coming to Vegas for a conference and asked him to leave some tickets. Told him he could do better than that, said "Bring a dark suit and you can coach with me." And he did!

HC and ChrisLong like this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I spend huge amounts of my day researching the NHL's historical stats going back to 1917-18 and doubt any team has played weekday matinees on any day unless it was NYE, Black Friday etc.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My dad told me stories about winning bets on tape-delayed baseball games when he was stationed in Germany in the early 1950s. I guess Armed Forces Radio would replay them but his fellow soldiers didn't realize they weren't live.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That’s a good way to wake up with your kneecaps broken.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted