1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Colts vs. Texans
    Chargers vs. Ravens
    Seahawks vs. Cowboys
    Eagles vs. Bears

I have the Colts, Chargers, Cowboys and Eagles moving on.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I dont know...I like the Bears, although, as a Vikings fan, it pains me to say it. Foles going in hurt against them is trouble

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I really only watched one Bears game this year, back in October when they outplayed the Pats but lost through the novel device of giving up TWO special teams TDs on a blocked punt and kickoff return. I had no idea what to make of them at the time. But they seem better than the Eagles to me. I think the Ravens beat the Chargers, too.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Colts vs. Texans -- Texans
    Chargers vs. Ravens -- I don't know but hope Lamar has a great game
    Seahawks vs. Cowboys -- Cowboys should win
    Eagles vs. Bears -- Bears 16-6

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'll go Texans, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles (assuming Foles can play), but I could easily go the other way on all the games except Dallas (which means you should probably load up on the Seahawks).

Except for the Eagles/Bears, all the other point spreads are home team -2.5, so Vegas is essentially saying these teams are pretty much equals.

Chargers have to overcome the west to east coast, 10am body clock start time.

For Bears/Eagles and Chargers/Ravens, you have the interesting choice of whether you think the difference maker is the experienced QB vs.the inexperienced one or the suffocating defenses.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Was the last Eagles/Bears playoff matchup the Fog Bowl? Don't recall if they have met again in the post season since then, but that was a crazy game to watch will Randall Cunningham trying to scramble and throw in virtually zero visibility.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m rooting for the Chiefs and Rams.

Those two fan bases seem to deserve it and won’t be complete pricks after they win.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And the prospect of the first 63-56 Super Bowl is interesting, too.

Chef2 and Donny in his element like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bears are the best team in the NFL right now, but the path through LA and NO is probably too much

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

That’s what everyone said after the Patriots won their first and now look where we are.

Road dogs in the NFC, Baltimore over LAC because of the travel and Indy over Houston.

If that happens I’m curious to see if the Chargers stay on the East Coast to prep for the Pats.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why would the Chargers stay on the East Coast if they lost to the Ravens?

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Quick vacation to help decompress, obviously. I’m an idiot.

Should have said if they win, wonder if they’ll stay.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted