1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old were you when you got married?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Dec 29, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

“You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.”

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

legit I haven’t been around here much lately, but you are a genuine contributor who keeps the conversation going. Salud

John B. Foster likes this.
  3. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Married at 38. Wife was 32. It was her second marriage. My only.

She had two boys from her first marriage -- they were 9 and 7 when I married their mom. We have a daughter, now nearly 13.

Lotsa similarities between my marital data and my dad's: He also married a previously married woman, who also had two children who weren't his spawn, and my dad and mom, too, met at work. He was 40 when they married (uh ... "had" to marry -- because of me!), and she was 25.

I was ready as I ever was to get married when I did, but rarely does a day go by when I don't realize that most of the time, I'm just not cut out to be around people all of the time.

I would have been woefully unprepared for children if I'd had them much earlier than I did, but I'm not looking forward to perhaps having to use a walker when my daughter gets married. Yeah, I'm usually the oldest dad among my daughter's acquaintances.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Married at 33, first child at 35. Seems pretty close to the median on this thread.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Married at 43, daughter at 46.

[​IMG]

Vombatus and Moderator1 like this.
  7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Which one are you?

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You have no idea how many posts I've written and deleted over the past five minutes.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Married well, too, YF. And your daughter is doing well now, right? You were pretty open about her health issues early but I get the idea from your social media that all is well? Which is great.

A kid I knew when I worked at VCU (no longer a kid) has an eight-month-old son who has never been out of the hospital and may never get. Heart issues from the start and it is heartbreaking,. He's handling it well, as is his wife. I just can't imagine.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Also, whatever issues anyone may have with YF elsewhere, this is not the thread to bring them up. Nor is any thread, really, I'd like to see us do the "can't we all get along!" thing.

But definitely not here.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

51, still haven’t, no kids, and my anthem is the Pretenders’ recent song “Alone.” Gonna have to be somebody special if she’s gonna convince me to give up the things I love about being single.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Still the clubhouse leader in my opinion.

And look at the background. A fountain of FIVE ELEPHANTS!!!

Some major YF Symbology and Branding on your wedding day. Well played!

Draft saved Draft deleted