1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old were you when you got married?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Dec 29, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think people in arranged marriages enter with different expectations. They aren't relying on big romantic ideas to sustain the relationship. The expectations are more practical. I'm not arguing in favor of it, but it seems as if that is part of why such marriages can last.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Met at the newspaper at 24. Married at 29. Moved to her home state at 30. Daughter at 32. Son at 34. Feeling too old at 36.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Got married as 36. Perfect time in my case. I would have been a disaster getting married in my 20s. And the woman I would have married in my 20s would have made it a mega-disaster.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Married at 32 (still married 21 years later), child at 34, two things that would have been incomprehensible to hard-living, barely employable Huggy in his 20s.

Baron Scicluna, HC and John B. Foster like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Married at 32. Wife was 36.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was never years old.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I was 31 when I got married -- in the same Las Vegas chapel where Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman got married. I got divorced five years ago....

But I've been dating my current gf for four and a half years and we're probably gonna get engaged this year.

P.S. John B. Foster, you are now known to me as The Thread Starter. That should be your new SJ handle, just like The Big Ragu's should be TL; DR.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Write starts with a “W” not an “R”.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Probably the first and last time I will like one of your comments. I thought I actually had you on ignore, but then I remembered I took you off and I simply don’t often visit the politics thread, your traditional haunt. Happy New Years. Go Red Sox

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's a plunge. I'm not sure I'm up for a second marriage. I kind of wish I was.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Once was plenty. Glad I did it, got two great kids (and one fabulous granddaughter with more to come) out of it. But nope.
    Not sure I'm capable of giving back what a proper marriage requires at this stage.

Draft saved Draft deleted