1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Announcer - Baltimore, Md.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Announcer

Description:

WBAL NewsRadio 1090 & FM 101.5/Baltimore is seeking applications for part-time and fill-in sports host positions. We are looking for sports hosts able to talk local teams as well as national sports stories of interest to Baltimore & Maryland. Successful candidates should be able to deliver strong and informed opinions, conduct insightful interviews and react to breaking sports news. Our hosts are colorful, prepared, connected and have an innate sense of what attracts listeners. This is an opportunity to join Hearst, a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses and has owned WBAL since 1935. Previous on-air experience preferred for this position.

2. Rdavey2005

Rdavey2005 New Member

How do I apply? I do not have any previous on air experience, but I would love an opportunity to get involved in sports talk radio.

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Rdavey2005 likes this.
  4. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

You might just want to visit some of your local stations to see how you can get involved ... you may have to do some free work behind the scenes to understand the business and hope something happens where you can get a break, and then hope you do well enough to get more air time and then some recognition

Rdavey2005 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted