1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Dec 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Didn't see one of these yet.

Already reports that the Bucs have officially given Dirk Koetter his walking papers.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Double-g Gregg won't be coaching the Browns next year, according to The PD's Mary Kay Cabot.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles seen leaving from the Jets plane

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Looks like one quarter of the league will get whacked.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Zimmer possibly leaving the Vikings, per Florio.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dirk Koetter has gotten more NFL jobs than I ever imagined when he was at Mizzou. It's been so long, I might have covered him leaving Mizzou.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

He has to bear the cross for that Cousins contract

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hard to believe they would have done any worse with Keenum. The Vikings and Broncos were kind of in the same spot. Both front offices felt they were in "a" if not "the" window. Denver has no excuse. They were on borrowed time with Manning and are 0 for the last seven years in finding their QB of the future. And they've passed on more than a few of the current starters around the league. The Vikes got jammed up with the Bridgewater injury, used Bradford and Keenum as stopgaps and the Cousins contract will only make fans wonder why he isn't better than players who are paid far less.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was the plane on the ground at the time?

mpcincal likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't know when he'll be back again.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not a coaching change but....

One thing to be a TV talking head at the draft (hello Mel Kiper, or in the hockey world Pierre McGuire) pretending to be a GM and another to actually do the job. Jerk off a prospect on TV who eventually becomes a huge bust and nobody gives a shit, actually draft too many of them and as Tex Cobb used to say, "It's your ass, baby."

I will say I enjoyed Mayock's work at the combine and Senior Bowl practices (both of which I watch, judge all you want).

Draft saved Draft deleted