1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow, that was a fun win for my Hornets at West Ham. I'll admit, there seemed to be some luck on Watford's side today ... West Ham hits two posts and Chicharito somehow whiffed on a wide-open chippy in front of the net. We'll take it. COME ON YOU 'ORNS!

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Huge loss for City today. Liverpool might actually do this. *slips, breaks face open*

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Holy shit, they lost to Crystal Palace at home? Dayum.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a hate fuck of a rout by Man United. Easiest money that I’ve made on any bet this year.

6. Webster

Spill a little off for Sigi Schmid.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

OG MLS to his core. Even if I never particularly liked any of his teams, US soccer is poorer for his absence.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Galaxy have hired a Crew legend whom the Crew turned down to... hire a guy (Porter) who turned down the Galaxy.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Any chance Ole Gunnar gets the interim tag removed after 9 points in 3 games?

As of today I would say no, but if they make it 15 in 5 and beat Spurs in a couple of weeks, I'd keep an eye on it.

9. typefitter

It must be maddening to see how well some of these players are suddenly playing. Pogba looks like a new man. Is that his fault, or Mourinho's? I have no idea where to cast blame.

10. Webster

The Kid to Chelsea. I thought he was destined for Liverpool but I guess they don’t need him.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

$73m for an American player ... well, well, well.

12. typefitter

To be that young, and that rich, in London... Sigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted