1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Chappaquiddick is a solid movie. Really kind of sums up Ted Kennedy and his "relationship" with the public and his family's legacy in a tight 95 minutes or so. I've always thought Jason Clarke is one of the more underrated actors out there. Great in "Brotherhood" a political series on Showtime 15 years ago, since then - Zero Dark 30, The Chicago Code, Everest, Mudbound - he's kind of a poor man's Gene Hackman.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That won't be an issue for me, though it might be for Little OOP. I know Kingpin's history well from the comics and Netflix. I read Spider-Verse in the comics, which involves many of the same characters, a very different story but it also featured Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham and Spider-Man Noir. I don't love the animation and I thought the tone might be a bit too childish for my taste, but the positive reviews have sold me.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Bohemian Rhapsody. If you like the music, you'll like the movie. I do and I did.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A Christmas Story- of course given the day!

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We watched a movie about tenacious TV news reporter Richard Thornburg who doggedly chased down breaking news of a probable terrorists event in L.A. on Christmas Eve. He was all over the story, and ended up getting assaulted for his efforts right outside the Nakatomi Building.

(Don't get my wrong, I love Die Hard. But the dude really was just doing his job. In the real world, he would have won awards for his coverage.)

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

IIRC, the gut punch was how long the story sat on Keaton’s desk.

Liut likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What awards would he have won for threatening to get the nanny deported unless he got immediate access to the kids?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure, there's that.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Aquaman. Good but not great. Momoa and Amber Heard are great. But Nicole Kidman is a lox.
    Story is not exciting, predictable. Effects are very good. No cameos from the Justice League.

Half the audience applauded at the conclusion of the movie.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Welcome to Marwen. Save your money. Actually, save your time and don't even bother if it ends up on television for free.

It really is boring and weird.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Zemekis' animated movies all look creepy as hell for some reason.

Polar Express gave me the heebie jeebies, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted