1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HQ Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

HQ Words is a fun little game. Frustrating, still, but fun.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I've been Beta playing it as well. I'm too dumb/slow to get past the 4th or 5th one! :)

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah - they get to the 6th or 7th and you really have to get it immediately.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

And (not so much verbally) has a nice little hot librarian vibe.

5. Donny in his element

I’ve won once — thanks to an extra life — and gotten to 9/10 a couple other times. But I feel better about it than the original game and its silly trivia that too often is really just a guessing game in the later rounds.

I want to know what chad1m does to finish top 3 nearly every day in Words. Gotta be some using some tech aids.

The key, I think, is to quickly run through the vowels when you don’t have a beat guess on first reveal ... eaoi ... then assess quickly before going to TNSHRL, etc.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    spikechiquet likes this.
  6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Got my first two HQ wins this week. Wednesday on Sports for a share of points toward this season... basically worthless i the long run.
    Then tonight during halftime, one of about 8,400 winners of a regular game.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just saw a Facebook ad today for Scott Rogowsky appearing at some college. I thought, is HQ still around?

Nope.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HQ's CEO is named Rus Yusupov, which sounds like a character from an SNL skit about Kremlin election interference.

Webster likes this.
  10. Donny in his element

Damn. Still played pretty often but the writing was on the wall. I should have cashed out my $10 and change.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Cashed out my $39 Wednesday night...fortuitous move.
    Will miss HQ After Dark late nights on weekends...swear, Matt and Anna were hosting it high AF.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I was stuck at $9.69 for ages. Finally won $0.32 on sports a few weeks ago. Cashed out and stopped playing. Whew!

Draft saved Draft deleted