1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Bowl Season 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RubberSoul1979, Dec 14, 2018.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My alma mater and new OC put a whipping on ULALA today in the Cure Bowl. Good finish for Tulane after a 2-5 start.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My alma mater cost a number of folks some $$$. Appalachian State has a hell of a football program. Don’t bet against the Mountaineers.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Last O/U I saw for the game was 52 points.
    Today's final: Fresno St. 31, Arizona St. 20
    You be living right, ex!

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That was the only game I won all day. Lost the others! (Also had a small play on Tulane).

I had Fresno -4.5 and under 52. When it was 20-17 Devils, I figured 27-20 and 31-20 were the ONLY scores that I could win both.

However, I also had North Texas and the over 67.5. That game had 51 points one minute into the second half. NT couldn’t get a damn garbage time TD in the remaining 29 minutes to hit the over. So it balanced out for me.

I do trust my process but all the favorites won yesterday.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I knew better than to bet against Utah State and App State. Those programs are keyed on on being G5 powerhouses. North Texas would have been closer without the QB injury but Utah State is the real deal.

Louisiana-Lafayette, however, no bueno.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wasn't familiar at all with Utah St. I caught a bit of the game on the radio, and the stat that blew my mind was that QB Jordan Love had sat out 11 quarters, nearly three full games, after being benched because the game was already won.

That's some kinda strong.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Justin Fields is transferring from Georgia. Can't say it's a surprise. I always find it amazing when a QB signs with a program in which the incumbent has just finished his true freshman year. What is the new guy thinking? Being the second-best QB on the team ain't like being the second-best wide receiver or offensive tackle. It means you don't play.

8. Neutral Corner

UAB - Northern Illinois now on ESPN. Good game so far, UAB ten to zip.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Those punks better win Neut. I've got them in my pool.

10. Neutral Corner

I'd pull for them harder if I could figure out how.

The negative conditioning of a couple of decades makes it extremely hard for *me* to bet on them, lol.

11. Neutral Corner

The twats calling the game keep talking about UAB's OC, Vincent Bryan.

His name is Bryan Vincent.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

UAB's turnaround from dead to 10 wins is a great story

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted