1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Leslie Jones was brutal.

2. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. My wife and I both got a very good laugh from her WU bit this weekend.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I chuckled to see Alec Baldwin make fun of his arrest; Anderson Paak was fantastic.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the replay of the Saoirse Ronan episode from last year mainly to learn the pronunciation of her name.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

He was a little light airtimewise last night, but you gotta figure the NBC/Universal suits would be involved in his situation right now. Figure he wouldn't have been allowed on air if there was fire here.

Outstanding episode, BTW. Why did it take 16 years to bring Matt Damon back?

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Matt Damon should be in the rotation every couple of years. he's a pretty close to perfect host

TigerVols likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Along with the great mysterys of why it took so long for Damon to get hosting gig #2, what kept Miley's jacket on and why the Weezer sketch was actually funny is this - how could that last Cyrus song have four guitars (and guitarists playing furiously) and none of them made a sound?

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there wasn't as much interest on his part, because he was basically just doing A-list movies. After The Martian in 2015, he's had four disappointing box office movies, so I'm guessing he's been told to go out and dance a bit more than usual.

10. TigerVols

ESPECIALLY the guitar being played by Sean Ono Lennon FFS. I can't believe they didn't goose his solo.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tween boys everywhere got their first glimpse of side boob. Although small, they had dreams for days. And soiled tighty whities.

12. TigerVols

I bet you can count on one hand the number of teen boys who watch SNL.

Draft saved Draft deleted