1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Bowl Season 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RubberSoul1979, Dec 14, 2018.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Take underdogs to win straight up. Middle Tennessee. North Texas. Duke. Iowa State. Also like Oklahoma +450 just because of the value.

Last year, 19 of 39 underdogs covered the spread. Of the 19, 16 won the game straight up.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So the favorites went 23-16 straight up and 20-19 against the spread.
    Bet the underdogs?

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bet underdogs on the money line. Not the spread. North Texas pays +250 today. MTSU a little less.

If you like a favorite, bet the spread.

Also, bet the overs until Christmas. The unders after Christmas. Better defenses and higher stakes. Exception is today. I have the under on Fresno-Sparky.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm betting the MW will need somewhere else to send its champ when the new stadium opens as well. Not just a higher profile league, but just about every MW school, save Hawaii, is a day's drive or short flight away.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Kerwin Bell was Florida's QB when I covered the Gators in the 80s. He's now coaching Valdosta State in the Division II title game against Ferris State.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's absolutely disgraceful when a senior with NFL hopes skips his bowl game. I mean, doesn't he realize how much the university has done for him?

poindexter and heyabbott like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And they seem to be doing quite well anyway. Kind of wild.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is me

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone other than your average mouth-breather fanbois and low-IQ click-baiters are making that argument about players skipping games.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which sums up a good majority of the FBS fanbase.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

He practically begged for a staff job at Florida when their offenses were mostly shit under Muschamp and McElwain.

Went to VSU from Jacksonville U, where he did a good job at the non-scholarship 1-AA but I believe he just couldn't keep up the pace of trying to compete without scholarships to offer.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He was a walk-on at Florida
    His only scholarship offer was from Valdosta State
    Good guy

Draft saved Draft deleted