1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa 2018!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Secret Santa, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hate to be Scrooge. I really enjoy doing this and I've received some cool stuff.

BUT

Christmas is two weeks from tomorrow. I went to the post office today to get stamps to mail the rest of my cards (yes, I still do that). I'd really rather not fuck with the post office again.

I guess what I'm saying is we kind of needed our names a couple of weeks ago.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

People go to the post office still?

3. Moderator1

Rarely - but it is two blocks away and that's where I mail packages. Judging from the crowds on my past couple of visits, I'm not alone

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I’d say there’s no real need to try like hell to get this to folks by Dec 25th.

Shoot for mailing by Jan 2nd or so.

That actually might allow people to buy some cool things on discount after Christmas.

We can be flexible, still have fun, and extend the spirit of the season a bit further right. Can’t we?

5. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Moxie like that will find you in the Hall of Fame right next to Harold Baines!

Secret Santas have been assigned and informed. Shoot me a note when you shipped.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. Moderator1

I've shipped - and they said it would be there by Christmas. Ho Ho Ho

8. Moderator1

And, according to Santa tracking, delivered. BEFORE Christmas!

9. Moderator1

Message from Secret Santa, who is busy getting ready for his big day and also having a brief log-in issue: Five of the eight have shipped, the other three need to get rolling or let him know it is done. Ho Ho Ho.

SHIP! That's from me, not Santa. Particularly if you are shipping to ME!

spikechiquet likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I’m delayed - death in the family, but will follow through. Arrival date will be a few days after Xmas though. My apologies.

And I didn’t draw you Moddy, so no scented candles this year. (You can breathe a sigh of relief. SS VB Roulette missed you again!)

Happy holidays everyone.

Regards,
    VB

spikechiquet likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I received my gifts at end of last week. Friday, I think.
    Thank you, Santa!
    The candle was a good laugh, and the sweatshirt is cool. Already sparked a conversation.

I wore it out over the weekend as I was finishing Xmas shopping for the family, and it sparked a brief encounter with a kid/young man who was working as I stopped for lunch:
    Kid/young man says: Wear'd you get that?
    Me: Somebody sent it to me from NJ for Xmas.
    Kid/young man: Cool. He make those?
    Me: I'm not sure. I don't think so. I think he just bought it.
    Kid/young man: Cool. I know a lot of people in NJ.
    Me: Yeah? Cool. I grew up there.
    Kid/young man: Alright.

And then he walked away.

Merry Xmas and happy holidays!

I ordered mine and had it shipped end of last week. I don't have a set arrival date.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

The gift I shipped was originally scheduled for delivery on Dec. 24. Then USPS said it was delayed. As of this afternoon, Dec. 26, it's en route to its next facility.

Draft saved Draft deleted