1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP President George H.W. Bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Dec 1, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I really hope she's now dating the singer from The Mentors.

Iron_chet likes this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't she have some pretty serious medical issues? I expect since they are still married she is still covered to an extent under his benefits, which are probably substantial considering his time in the Senate and two terms at the Veep. Pretty good reason to stay married, if both parties can live with it.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's a perfect description of how I imagine the Gores getting freaky. I picture Jimmy Stewart going, "Oh, Mary, oh, mary."

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what medical problems she has, but the two of them have to be worth several hundred million dollars. I doubt a health insurance consideration accounts for why they don't get a formal divorce.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The royalty checks from inventing the internet have to be pretty spectacular.

BrownScribe likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

Yup. He cashes them and then puts the money in a lock box. A lock box.

playthrough likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't agree with Snopes here:

What Gore actually said:

I think a "reasonable interpretation" is exactly the kind of jokes we've been hearing for almost two decades.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I laughed in 2000 just like everybody else, but damn if in 2008 I didn't wish Al had gotten that lock box built.

10. The Big Ragu

It doesn't matter much. I always took it as more of a joke about his self importance, as a lot of people perceived it, as it was about what he literally said.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Most failed Presidential candidates get one joke about them. Al got inventing the internet, the lock box AND Manbearpig. What a legacy.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not.

But do you like paying more for anything when you don't have to? I'm sure his government health-care plan is far, far cheaper than anything that can be found on the open market for a single 70-year-old women who has already had thyroid surgery.

Draft saved Draft deleted