1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Living in Redskins Country while not being a Redskins fan is grand fun. If Alex Smith never suits up again, do the 'Skins get any kind of cap relief?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not to discount your question, which I don't know the answer to. But I'm more concerned that the guy is going to lose his leg because of this. I really hope he pulls through OK.

HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Is that really a thing in the United States in 2018? A guy with relatively infinite resources to spend on health care breaks his leg and it results in amputation?

(This board is decidedly short on former sportswriters who quit the biz and became doctors)

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

We need Adam Schefter to go in there and break some HIPAA codes and find out what's going on with Smith's leg.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think there was real fear with the Bears' Zach Miller last year when he broke his that it might happen. I don't think with modern medicine that it would come to that, but who knows.

9. poindexter

The UCF qb who broke his leg on Black Friday had a close call as well, IIRC

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Brady supposedly had some trouble with infections when tore up his knee.

11. poindexter

Steve Czaban's show was talking about open fractures (formerly compound fracture) just after Smith injury. A doctor texted in and said the number one concern for open fractures is infection.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Didn't want to take a pay cut.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted