1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s human nature to see the piece of shit get his. Reeves deserves to be suspended, it was a terrible hit but fuck Tom Wilson. Maybe this is what he needs to realize how he plays is reckless and dangerous and needs to change. Live by the sword

OscarMadison and ChrisLong like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That’s awful and sounds a bit like bounty hunting.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As a Caps fan AND a guy who likes (some of the time) Tom Wilson, I really can't put up an argument to this. I don't condone what Wilson does/has done - I just don't think Reeves should be applauded for doing the same thing. And I realize @JC is not doing that but plenty are doing exactly that.

Wilson needs to cool it and just play because he can play. Reeves needs to be suspended. Not sure reasonable people can argue either point.

Caps had a five-minute PP and couldn't score. VGK had four minutes late and scored late. Sounds like it was one hell of an intense game. Curious to see how long Wilson will be out and what does happen to Reeves

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bold point 1: This is basically what I was trying to get at.

Bold point point 2: It was. Even Schmidt was surprised he scored the game winner against Holtby, who just flat missed on a glove save he should have made and usually makes. Also, I'm dragging at work today, but there aren't many 10 p.m. games, so I can suck it up every once in awhile.

5. Moderator1

I do love people calling it a Stanley Cup Final rematch. The Cup was not on the line, the Caps do not have to give it back. It was a meeting between last season's Stanley Cup finalists. Two pretty good teams.

One more thing about Wilson: After his shitty hit in preseason that earned him 20, even the St. Louis GM admitted that if the Caps put him on the market, they'd get 30 calls. He's the guy everyone loves to hate and he deserves a lot of that but he's also a guy everyone would love to have. If his haters drank some truth serum, they'd admit that.

I hope he learns a few things, tones it down and plays his ass off for the Caps for years. If he does to someone else what Reeves did to him, I hope he gets a year off. I hate that shit as much as the next guy. Play fucking hockey.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hockey really has evolved over the past 5+ years to really open the game up.

I feel for the goalies. They are really getting lit up this year.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, there was a 9-6 game in Columbus last night. Wild stuff.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I should have added this, Reaves hit was not a head shot. So it was not a Wilson speciality.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Reaves didn't leave his feet either. So dirty hit, yeah. But not Wilsonesque dirty, really.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

These dinosaurs will never learn...

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The old boys network in the media will love this. The roundtables at sportsnet will be eating it up. Nothing the smug older execs, players and old boy media like more than pissing on any new type of thinking. God forbid they are forced to change the way they look at the game, they might have to get new sources if they do. Oh hockey, perpetually decades behind other sports.

John B. Foster likes this.
  12. Moderator1

Apparently, Calgary has three five-goal periods this year and the rest of the league has two?
    Columbus and NYI lost last night, so Caps had a chance to open up just a smidge of space. Another reason I'm pissed about the loss, though it is too early to worry about that shit. Yet here I am!

Draft saved Draft deleted