1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Unrealistically high. Vegas took advantage of some stupid GM’s. Hockey is always decades behind other sports but they are slowly starting to switch to smarter people running teams. Not in Vancouver mind you.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Question for those who follow the Blackhawks: What happened with Kempny in Chicago? It seems like the Caps legit stole a top-4 D man. He's been great, both last year after the deadline and in the playoffs and this year? Was it really just a change of scenery thing? Why did he fall out of favor there?

3. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

I think Wilson just got a taste of his own medicine. Speaking as a Canadian prairie kid who played it and has enjoyed the transformation of the game to the elite status it’s now achieving, assholes like Wilson need to be marginalized despite what ability they may have. He’s deliberately trying to injure. It’s fucking obvious to anyone who knows the game.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

But it's OK for Reaves to run at him all night and then hit him blindside?

I don't apologize for Wilson's bullshit, but that play was garbage.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

6. misterbc

Just like Wilson’s MO.
    Cosmo, I agree with almost all your posts, but not this one.

7. misterbc

Moddy, I know you love the Caps...I’ve been a fan for close to 30 years. Loved the days of Bondra, Iafrate blasting it in from the point, Gartner etc. One of the most exciting games I’ve ever seen was a Caps Pens game in the 92 or 93 playoffs, a first rounder IIRC. Love their uniforms and they have always been a class organization, but I know intent to injure when I see it. Wilson takes away from Caps reputation as a first class organization just like Kareem Hunt did, not does, to KC Chiefs.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Moderator1

You're entitled to that opinion, I don't have to agree. But what troubles me (and not just from you, trust me) is people who say it is OK for him to have the same thing happen that they bitch about him doing to others. If it is wrong to do to others, it is as wrong to do to him.

I get why people hate him, he drives me nuts sometimes, too. I thought he earned his 20 games this year. And he doesn't need to do it. He has legit skills. Aggravating.

I did not see the hit. But Reaves' rep is every bit equal to that of Wilson and if it was as bad as people say, he deserves games regardless of the player he hit.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You're equating Wilson to a fucking woman beating piece of shit like Hunt? Come on.

Take Wilson out of the equation on that play. You think that's a fair hit if Brett Connolly is on the other end?

The hit was garbage. And you know it. Super late, away from the puck, blindside. I'm not asking anyone to have any sympathy for Wilson, but that hit was trash.

10. Moderator1

I know Adam, have worked with Adam. He is NOT a Caps or a Wilson fan. His take is reasonable

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. misterbc

There’s a different dynamic to the game depending on whether you have played it or cheered on from the stands. Physical contact is a given, at what level and intensity is the debating point. In Wilson’s case he doesn’t need to play the hurt card, he’s a v capable talent.

12. misterbc

I’m talking about someone who by his actions, whether on the playing surface or not, is an embarrassment to an otherwise classy organization. I’m looking at this as a fan of the game not a critic.

Draft saved Draft deleted