1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 College Football Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I feel like they could do better. I get he has strong recruiting ties to the DMV but his record as a head coach is atrocious and he has shady stuff in the his past that doesn't make the school look real good considering what they are trying to move on from.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That guy is a disaster.
    That program is in its current state because its culture glorified violence and berated perceived weakness to shocking degrees. And now it hires a guy who punched one of his assistants. Nice culture change, Terps.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Clay Travis can eat a big steaming pile of dicks for all I care.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised they didnt offer it to Canada.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And he should have hired Ron Mexico as offensive coordinator.

UPChip likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Of all the things I saw at Pitt’s 52-22 beatdown of Virginia Tech this year The Fucking Best one was the guy three rows ahead of me in a VT 7 jersey with “Mexico” on the back.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

With Houston now going to ECU, Charlotte is supposedly hiring Will Healy, late of Austin Peay.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

At least Locksley ends the argument that a minority football coach never gets a second HC job at the same level.

Did Maryland even glance at his Wikipedia page in 2015 or again this year?

Big Circus likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Barry Odom got a raise today, from 2.35 million to 3.05 million a year. And he’s 11th in the SEC in coaching salaries.

Also got the Clemson graduate transfer QB yesterday.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Has anyone told Kelly Bryant about Mizzou and highly-recruited stars? Tony Van Zant. The Porter brothers?

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ha! The chant when I was in school:

TVZ, TVZ, what did you get on the ACT?

Bryant will be fine, especially with all the offensive talent coming back. I don't expect the Tiggers to play for the SEC championship, but they should challenge this year's record and maybe improve on it by a game or two. Bryant isn't Lock, but it's not like he's some intramural dude drafted when every other QB gets Theismanned.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Zou may go 6-5 and lose every game 45-42, but they should be entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted