1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It'll become a lot clearer when someone offers him $10 million to coach again.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"It's complicated...I plan on pulling a Mike Holmgren and collect a $40 million check from the Browns while I'm essentially retired and ride around on a golf cart."

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Meyer is sicker than all of those guys.
    None of those coaches ever hid behind a presumption of virtue.

4. playthrough

Slick Rick absolutely did.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"It would be unfair to Clay Helton for me to answer that honestly."

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Looking over that list makes me think how 10 times out of 10 a coach should choose the pro league over college. No recruiting, no leader of men crap, no boosters, no NCAA. You can be a prick and not have to act like you are a saint. Unless you are Phil Jackson and phony bullshit comes naturally.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They do, but there are more coaches than pro jobs. Vermeil did a good job in both.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Urbey is egocentric enough to know that the coach who delivers a title to Cleveland will be recognized as a football god.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, Blanton Collier is still a God in Cuyahoga County.

10. playthrough

I heard a college coach speak once and his opening joke was that the best team to coach would be one made up of orphans, because no parents, and the second-best team to coach would be prisoners, because no boosters.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Urban is the walking definition of a pathological liar.
    That slimy son of a bitch couldn't look you in the eye and tell you what 2 + 2 is.
    This is in no way a retirement. This is a step away until Haslam decides to offer me 45 mill over 5 years with a small piece of the Browns.
    Gene Smith may be grinning from ear to ear right now knowing that he's done being lied to, and constantly knowing that the next lie is just a deep breath away.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He won’t live long enough to get the Brown’s a title

Draft saved Draft deleted